4.27.2011

Plans for Tomorrow?

Wouldn't you think that with having a day off tomorrow, I'd be excited about the opportunity to stay up later than usual? My evening usually "ends" by 9:30 p.m. At that point I begin the routine of showering, blow-drying my hair, helping baby into pj's and helping her brush her teeth. Then I get to read until I fall asleep. (Yippee!)

So, tonight, even though I had, at first, thought about staying up a little later than usual to watch some of the pre-royal wedding TV specials, I find myself feeling drowsy and looking forward to snuggling down into bed with my book. Which, coincidentally, is called Castle Dor, by Arthur Quiller-Couch and Daphne du Maurier. If you liked the movie (or any story really) about Tristan and Isolde, then I'm sure you'd find this story intriguing.

Sorry. Just a little off the topic.

I think rather than staying up late, I'll just complete my usual routine so that I will have plenty of time (and energy) tomorrow to do everything on my list. And there is a lot on my list! I really did not want to use any of my vacation time to be able to catch up on 'household' type stuff, but that's exactly what I'm doing. That bugs me. I should be taking Friday off instead, so that I can get up at 3:00 a.m. to watch the BBC channel on all of the royal wedding pomp and pageantry.

Actually, I've got the BBC channel already set to record from 3:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the day of the nuptials. The challenge, then, will be finding the time to watch it afterwards. Yeah, we'll see how that goes. I don't have a whole lot of certitude that my house will be a peaceful place at all this weekend. It usually isn't. Depending on who is home, the TV is usually on all day - even when nobody is watching it. Some of my co-inhabitants will suddenly come up with the "brilliant" idea to immediately clean up something. And I always feel like if I'm not helping (or in control) that it won't get done correctly, or something will be done wrong, or I'll find a certain item ever again. Can anyone relate to that?

It's a terrible feeling.

That's one of the main reasons I am taking tomorrow as a holiday from work. So I can make some imperative phone calls that I can't trust anyone else to make, and run around executing essential missions. I make it sound like a war that I am arranging. Well, maybe in a sense.....

I suppose it's time I'm off to the barracks, get some shut-eye and up at Revelry. Well, maybe a few minutes later than that.