4.28.2011

The Mouthwash Is Out

There are lots of little things that I have learned to live with. And there are lots of seemingly "little" things that I am fed up with.

The placement of the mouthwash bottle is one of those things that I am regularly battling. And depending on my mood, this could mean war!

The spousal unit completes his nightly oral hygiene routine and then places the gia-normous liter bottle of mouthwash on the front half of our already very small bathroom counter. I then find myself placing it (where it's supposed to be, since he obviously will not allow it to remain under the sink) into the left rear corner with the label facing out so 1) there is more room on the counter top since the econo-size bottle of mouthwash is now tucked neatly out of the way and 2) nobody using our en-suite bathroom would mistake the near-neon green liquid for a refresing beverage, hence the label is now in clear view.

This re-organization of the bathroom is but one of the 'things' that have fallen upon me, as a spouse and as a female, to continue to do, since the husband believes that the bathroom magically keeps itself organized.

I suppose that means that I have now taken on, along with my already long list of roles played: wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, niece, cousin, grand-daughter, etc., I can now add to my resume that I am the magical bathroom fairy. I pull the shower curtain away from the wet shower wall, hang up the damp bathmat over that extremely convenient silver rod that protudes slightly from the wall (hmmm, imagine that), wipe toothpaste blobs out of the sink and I place mouthwash, toothpaste, shaving cream and lotion containers back into their proper places. Boxers are merely kicked out of the bathroom and left until the owner needs clean ones.


This fairy don't do boxers!