4.16.2011

Need Stimuli Now....part II

The boys came home from the local warehouse club (so that's where they had gone to), and they had gotten a some angel food cake and strawberries. What? No whipped cream?

So I decided that after I dropped Mo off at the high school so that she can get started getting her model ready for Trashion, I would go to the warehouse club myself and get a few items.  I took some hot coffee with me. Freshly brewed. Hopefully this caffeine will kick in so that I will last through the whole Trashion show. I picked up whipped cream for the strawberries and angel food cake. I also got some really big bagels. One package of blueberry and one package of the 'everything' bagels. You know, the ones that smell like YUM!

I don't feel so tired now, so I think the coffee is working. However, I don't really want to use my Saturday evening to sit in a crowded high school and stay up late. Rainy Saturday afternoons and evenings were made for hot tea and good books, good movies like Sense and Sensibility. Jane Austen is one of my many favorite authors. I have recently come across Ruth Rendell. I am reading one of her books, Portobello. I am about 2/3 of the way through. So far, so good. It doesn't quite have me on the edge of my seat, but I am anxious to know how all of the characters will tye together in the end. I am really hoping it's not one of those stories that never completely come full circle; you know, to a point? I need good solid closure on a story. Otherwise I get leary of reading that author again.

I'll keep you posted on my opinion of this book that I am reading. I am also anxious to finish this book so that I can start on another one that I picked up at the library. It's called Castle Dor by Arthur Quiller-Couch and Daphne Du Maurier. Daphne is another favorite of mine that I just discovered over the past six months or so. So when I stumbled upon this book on the library shelf I just had to pick it up.

So I will let you know how these stories are. For now, I am off to the Trashion Show.

Cherrio!